Monday, November 1, 2010

Swindell Wedding!

When I married my husband, I married into a HUGE family. I come from a family of six. Me, my mother, my father, my twin brother, and my two younger sisters. That's all. Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter.... there were only six of us at the table. Getting married changed all that. A small get-together with his family? Thirty people, at least! Not that I'm complaining :) I love them all very much! But it was a lot to get used to, and more names and relationships to remember. We've been together for over 5 years now, and I still have to ask.. "okay, which one is married to her? What's that one's name again?" For the most part, I have it all down, but when the annual Christmas party has over 100 people there (all family)... it can be tough to get it all right!

My first big wedding was for one of my husband's cousins. His name is David Alan and he was marrying Maranda. I had done their engagement shoot, so I was already comfortable with them, and knew what it took to get them comfortable in front of a camera. But shooting a wedding is a big deal. If you miss a shot, you don't get another chance. It can never be re-created the same way. The feeling will be lost.

Luckily the day was beautiful and everything went smoothly. As always, I got tear-y eyed during the ceremony :) Just another quirk you get when working with me.. I get emotional <3

Here are several of their pictures. Evident is every one is the love that they share. I hope you enjoy them, and God bless you Alan and Mandi!








No comments:

Post a Comment